Sunday, 10 September 2017

The Stats

It should be so simple to look after yourself.  Just remember to eat right, talk to people, have fun, and regularly shower.  Yet if it was that simple why would me and my generation need to constantly remind ourselves about 'self care'?  I'm not here to philosophise about us being anxious confused stressballs because I know damn well why I don't look after myself.  I'm lazy and a little sad sometimes.  So I decided to challenge myself.  Follow the principles of self care and being a healthy adult for one whole week.

If I was confident about the way I looked I would make a vlog or photo diary but with my insecurity, that would never last.  I could lose three stone, or invest in some minor surgery, but I know that would never really work.  I have to try to be healthy.  Which is very hard for a lazy person like me.  But this is a start and I might well record my efforts and write about it, here.  I know I'm not inventing anything new, but I was never very good at traditional diaries.

Here are my current faults, states, problems, and general statistics.

Height: 5.4ft
Weight: 13.3st/187lbs (3st/42lbs overweight, yikes)
Age: 19
Weeks away from starting university: 2
Spots on my face: 9
Hours from last binge: 7
Last time I exercised: 5 weeks ago
Last time I met up with a friend: 4 weeks ago
Average water intake: 1ltr

That is it for now.  Tomorrow I'll follow up with calories, exercise, and the goals I'm going to set myself for this week.  I know it looks like I'm desperate to lose weight, and I am! Whenever I try to quickly lose weight and therefore change my life, it falls apart, and I end up gaining even more.  While I am trying to focus on my mental well being that isn't the only thing I'm trying to improve this week.  Instead of fat, lets try improving my skin.  It might fail but it would be a brand new failure in comparison to dieting so lets give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day Fourteen: Moving In

So moving in day came and my diet changed because of it.  With only a little time to collect and eat food my day was full of snacks and free...