Tuesday, 12 September 2017

Day Two: Avoiding Obsession

I managed to not obsessively count calories today.  I mean I still kinda did... but not completely.  So instead of detailing my various neuroses and insecurities like yesterday, I'm going to write down my favourite smoothie recipes.  Just to remind myself how great smoothies are when I inevitably forget and not use my blend active machine for another year.


Today I had a rather sweet one with kiwi, frozen berries, banana, and a little water.  Other sweet favourites include banana, orange, a dash of ginger, and yogurt; berries, apple juice, grapes, and lemon.  Spinach, celery, and apple juice is the only low sugar mix I really like.

No matter how often people tell me smoothies are unhealthy, I still enjoy them.  I completely understand why people shouldn't live on them and so I have never tried to.  They are something I can always enjoy and it means I actually like my mornings.  Simple things, you know.


Food Diary


For breakfast I had some homemade bread and a fresh smoothie.  I then had some sweet potato fries for a snack.  Teas throughout the day as well as some posh elder-flower cordial in the evening.

For dinner I had stuffed portobello mushrooms and roasted pinto beans.  For the stuffing I mixed spiced spinach and fried onions with greek yogurt and breadcrumbs.  I even did a fancy balsamic dew drip around it.

After dinner I had some Greek yogurt with a little honey and then some vanilla and walnut shortbread.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Day Fourteen: Moving In

So moving in day came and my diet changed because of it.  With only a little time to collect and eat food my day was full of snacks and free...