Food Diary
So we set off in my dad's car. My parent's hadn't had anything to eat so we stopped for some very fancy tea (ginger green for me, Russian caravan for my dad) and a very large scone. It was delicious but not at all healthy. It was an apricot and almond scone with lots of butter and jam. It was good.
In the car I had some dried apricots and some travel mints. Apricots were pretty much the only fruit I had all day. We stopped again and I had a soy latte with a little brown sugar.
We stopped for the night in a slightly sad British motel equivalent. For some reason American motels seem so exciting and aesthetically pleasing compared to British ones. At least the motels I see in films anyway. I had some fish and chips with peas and tartar sauce. A fairly reliable meal to have in anywhere in England. I had some of my Dad's red wine. Even more useless calories, but I think it did calm my nerves a little.
I roughly counted the calories in my food today and it was well over 2000. Hopefully my stress and nerves will burn off some of that fat. It would be even better if I didn't care but that's just not going to happen. It's normal to be nervous about university obviously, I know that. But for some reason I think my entire popularity and possible friendships will be decided by my fatness. Deep in the back of my head I know that isn't true, but I had to remind myself most of the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment